2.5yr old breathe smells weird

Like orange goo gone remover. He has not had oranges. Just a banana and water. Normal? Concerning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Kids' Health

• hmm.. i would worry. that is odd. my oldest got the worst breath after drinking milk at that age.. turned out to be bottle rott on the back of her teeth.. :-(
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Any fever, coughing, sneezing? Some bacterial infections leave a gross smell on a childs breath.
    MrsVosky

Answer by MrsVosky at 3:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have a weird response to that lol I though my son who at the time was 3 had awful breath, but come to find out he shoved a piece of crumpled up paper up his nose and it must've been there weeks the doc said.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Hig blood sugar can often lead to a similar smell on the breath, usually a kind of sweet smell . . . I'd talk to the doc about it.
    qwietpleez

Answer by qwietpleez at 11:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011