Is your cat afraid of anything like Thunder?

My cat has always been afraid of Thunder! She's been showing some signs of illness. But she and I are so bonded. She took my migraines, injuries and my Cancer very hard. I love her so much! But we're jobless here. She gets good special foods. But is losing weight. She used to be very Fat. Now she's skinny. It hard to cal her my piggy. Since she's not Fat anymore! The other day she was playing with a toy mouse, throwing it up in the air, laying on her back and acting like a Kitten! I give her all the love and hugs I can. Expect when I'm too ill too. But last night during our huge winter Snow storm. We had Snow, sleet, lightning and Loud Thunder! She's always been SO afraid of thunder. But not last night! I wonder Why? Is this a Good sign? She'll be 14 in May. I need her so much! She's my main medicine! Any advice or suggestions? Thank you for reading! Thank you for any caring replies.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pets

• When I was with my ex we had a cat that was scared of being in the car. Made it so stressful to move! He'd get car sick even on a 5 minute ride!
    No advice for keeping her healthy though... good luck.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm so sorry for all your troubles. Cats are very intuitive. Who knows but she may be trying her best to make you feel better.
    She sounds healthy enough but her losing weight worries me. Does she seem sick? I get that you can't afford to take her to a vet. Do you have any family that could help? I guess you might not even want to know if she is sick at this point for fear of losing her but if she is sick it could be something simple and you would hate for her to get miserable over something that could be fixed.
    Cat's can live to be 20 or more so she may have years left in her. I hope so but if she does cross that rainbow bridge you will have the wonderful memories and maybe you can rescue another kitty in her name. I know.... you will never want to get another cat, lol but it works wonders for your well being.
    I hope you and kitty have many more years together. :)
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My old cat has always been a "nervous" cat, and has never liked storms. However, he is not impressed with my decision to have children. He was used to being the "baby" and will hide from the children all day long, and only come out when adults are awake or even if we have visitors that are adults. He just does not like the kids (and for good reason, honestly, they are too wild around him).

The "kitten" (now 3 years old) has never known life without children, so he doesn't think anything of it, and I'm not sure he is bright enough to be afraid of anything.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My cat is such a goof, he's afraid of everything. If he sees another animal outside he will hide, if you move suddenly he freaks out and darts off, he's really just a little "special". LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My roommates cat is scared of thunder, and most loud noises. The poor thing hides for so long. I wish I could do something to heal his suffering
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I know what it's like to worry over your cat. I hope she gets feeling better soon especially with all you've gone through:/ good luck n keep fighting!
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• nah, just the vacuum
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• my cats hate it whenever we have a thunderstorm they hide and it takes us 3 days to find them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• scared of thunder
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 30, 2011