What are the nicest or most appreciated hostess gifts you've gotten at Easter?

I always make a ton of desserts to take to my family's home and Easter baskets filled with stuff for the kids. Do you think that's enough or should I get something else for the hostess? She receives a ton of flowers from the rest of the family and isn't a wine lover. Any ideas that you would love to receive?

Philly247

Asked by Philly247 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Holidays

• how about a Easter themed dish or plate. there's lots of bunny items out right now. TJMax is always a good place to look. I once got a set of bunny knives that I use for cheese, or butter.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think that what you take is enough. If you do want to take a gift, I like the candle idea, or maybe a special basket for the hostess. You could do a spring gardening theme, or cooking theme, or something customized to her interests.

I've also received fresh dishtowels and potholders for my kitchen, and once a gift card for dinner so that I could take a night off after preparing my home, decorating, cleaning up afterward, and of course shopping and cooking....I did enjoy that.

I never expect anything though, I just want everyone together for the holidays!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I've been stuck hosting holidays for my husband's family for years and never gotten anything but a huge mess and a pile of dirty dishes. I say whatever you bring will be much appreciated.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think what you do is enough. A nice spring scent candle is good too.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I LOVE partylite candles.. maybe host a party in her honor and invite her?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Maybe a gift certificate to the local grocery store or a candle
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• a candle is good.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• What about a nice Easter themed apron, or one that goes with her kitchen, so she can use it whenever...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:50 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• that should be enough; I usually get some sort of flowering plant or something like that for the host/hostess
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2011