A lot of gift questions today so I have one to...

When you got married were you really concerned about the cost amounts of the gifts? Did you notice if someone did not bring on at all?

No saying you should skimp on the gift or anything but if you can't afford a HUGE gift then you do what you can. Am I the only one who just didn't really care about the gifts? I just wanted a big fun day with my family and friends!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you. But the next day when we opened gifts as we wrote down who gave what to send thank you notes to I did notice who didn't and was shocked by some who didn't do anything at all. Not even a card! It's the thought that counts.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We had so much fun cashing all the checks and spending gift cards that people gave us but we did NOT at all notice who skimped! Our day was so amazing, followed by a wonderful honeymoon. We were truly just grateful for such a wonderful memory with all the people who cared enough to share the day with us.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well, yes, I know who gave nothing (just one person) & it was a family member (no comment on that) but I think you should absolutely give a gift if you are invited & attend. Whatever you can afford is fine. Otherwise I think you look like a classless jerk. Even if it is a store bought gift, that is proper etiquette.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• LOL. I asked about spending money on wedding gift. I do know some I guess, tacky people who have commented on their gifts before. I guess it's all about the appreciation for inviting us that counts but a thoughtful gift and/or card is always nice. I do recall all too well when my SIL came to our reception, she said that she didn't realize that it was that kind of a wedding...what does that mean? My DH was married before, if you want to call it that. I was not. I was shocked but at least if it was "that kind of wedding", wouldn't you at least bring a card?lol
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We didn't get any gifts.. we went to vegas and had our reception at our house - it wasn't important to us either
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I knew who didnt bring a gift, but since I didnt have a full on wedding....I kinda understood. :)
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 1:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I still remember who didn't give us a wedding gift and it has been almost 30 yrs. ago!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 4:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I totally agree you should at least do a nice card! lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011