I called my friend a "grenade" oops!

My friend posted the other day about how she saw "The Situation" from Jersey Shore at a club the other night and he winked at her. I commented "Maybe he thought you were a grenade!" I've only seen the show a few times, and honestly thought that was a compliment. Apparently not so much. She got MAD and started going off. Once I found out what it really meant, I apologized, and so did she, but now it's kind of akward because of the things she said. I don't think she had a right to go off on me. I know I messed up but it was an honest mistake, and I wouldn't have blown up at her like that. Wouldn't you know better than to think a friend would say that and MEAN it to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, how could she help blowing up on you if she's a grenade? LOL, sorry, I couldn't help but notice the pun in your post.

Anyway, I have never heard of calling a person a grenade...is this a new thing that I'm not up to speed on? I'm getting old, you know.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It's from the show "Jersey Shore". They call girl's who look appear to look good but are really kind of ugly "grenades" or something like that. I don't get it either, but that's how it was explained to me lol. I thought it just meant a hot chick.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh so its their term for butterface, hot body not so nice face. those shows are silly anyway.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh, I've never seen Jersey Shore thankfully. Guess that's why I wasn't familiar with the term.
    Your friend is a total nitwit if she's angry because you misused some idiotic reality-show slang.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I guess you learned not to use terms your unfamiliar with. But yeah, she didn't have to blow up on you. What a grenade! LOL
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Hahahaha thanks! !
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Funny! Tell her you thought grenade meant she was "the bomb" (a good thing where I'm from). You both said hurtfull things but this comment is nothing to ruin or almost ruin a friendship. Be honest about your ignorance of the term.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I needed the grenade explanation too...yeah, if one of my friends said that to me (and I knew what it meant! LOL) I would probably just say "hey ass, thanks a lot!" not get furious or anything.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I've got two points here:

1: She didn't think your comment was out of character for you and cut you some slack because of that?
    2: Is she normally that explosive? lol Could not help it, had to say it.

Well what did she say when she was mad? Any of a deal breaker if this wasn't caused by a mistake? If there is, I'd start distancing and brake the friendship. You already know what she thinks. It's not easy to lie when pissed off like that. If she didn't apologise already, and mean it, I'd chuck it up as her loss.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011