Do you throw away

Your kids homework. My dd is in kindergarden and i feel like a horder lol every single piece she brings home i want to keep. I feel so sad throwing it away. So i have a draw full of homework and art.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 1:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I pick and choose the things that are special..I have saved things from all 3 of my kids from every year they were in school.If you save everything it will over take your house.There is nothing wrong with feeling bad about throwing it away but you cant save everything.
    mimismom09

Answer by mimismom09 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I throw away their homework. Most of their artwork I've always taken a picture of and then kept them in a special folder in the computer labeled by date so I'll always have it. I keep very special pieces, but most just get a picture.

Answer by missanc at 1:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I did keep everything, but eventually, I had boxes of homework. So, I started keeping it just for the school year, then at the end of the year I'd have my sons pick out the things that were special to them, I'd pick what was special to me, and at least one sample from each subject.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I will keep some and look over it. but I try to only keep the ones that are special to me.. maybe where she wrote something funny or something
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Homework I throw away. Special art work I save in their special box.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes. I just keep most of their artwork, and report cards.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My fridge is plastered with all the tests that they kick butt on but I throw away the rest.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh - and something I read recently that I plan on doing: get a flat rate parcel box from the USPS (they're free), they're large enough to keep a year's worth of papers, etc. and then at the end of the year you can just seal it up, label it, and perfect for storage!

Answer by missanc at 1:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I like the picture idea. Scan a copy of whatever you want to keep, that way you can have it on the computer and it won't take up so much space. Maybe burn it onto CD at the end of each year so you can keep your hard drive clean, too.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My kids both have an expading folder for each school year. I keep special papers and assignments in that and when we get to the end of the year the file goes into a rubber maid tote (each girl has one).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011