i dont know what to do

ok so my son is 8 months and for the last day and a half he has been getting a fever everytime i think the fever breaks it comes back at night then goes away then comes back idk if its because hes teething or if he needs medical attention. i dont need anyone telling me im a bad mother he my first child and this has never happend. he hasnt gotten any shots so i dont know what it could be. any idea ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How high is his temp running? If it is low grade (like lower than 101) I wouldn't worry too much unless it hangs on for more than a few days. It definitely sounds like it could be teething, and he's right at the right age for that. My daughter's temp always spiked late afternoon - early evening when she was teething. It would come down after that and stay down until the next day at the same time. However, use YOUR best judgement, if you are very concerned, call your pediatrician. No one knows your baby like you do!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My daughter did the same thing and it was because she was teething if it get wores take him to the dr.
    hopenalivia

Answer by hopenalivia at 1:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Kids get fevers. Both my kids have had a fever in the past 48 hours. First my older one, which lasted about a day and then went away. Now my 2 year old. I am also getting a cold now too. Probably just nothing. The dr. will just say to give tylenol or motrin. Unless he is acting very ill and vomiting or getting dehydrated no dr. appointment should be nessacary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• OP well today it was 101.7 and he was crying and being really fussy and then he got better and then it came back again hes also been sleeping most of the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• its also flu season so you might want to get it checked out cause my dauhgter is about to be one on sunday and she been sick cause all of us just had the flu.
    hopenalivia

Answer by hopenalivia at 1:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Its probably teething. Write down time and temp. I would be concerned if it goes over 102 without breaking. I'm a new mother too though. So wake your doc up with a phone call ... thats what he gets paid for.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• OP again hes actually getting his two front teeth but with the two bottom teeth he didnt get that high of a fever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Also, make sure he's drinking plenty. Babies can get dehydrated very quickly, especially when running a temp.  If he's not getting enough fluids, that's more cause for concern than the temp.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• CHIROPRACTOR!!!!! That is what always helps my daughter........specially with teething and sleeping for that matter
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 1:30 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• OP well i just took it again and its 101.0 i gave him tylenol and im going to give him some water and see if he gets better thank you ladies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Nov. 26, 2008