I'm in love with what most would consider a loser!!!

He has a minimum wage job, no car, no license, so many debts, and he's a serious drinker(everyday), oh and he left me for his ex girlfriend. But I want him back because of the way he was when he was with me. Is that crazy? I felt so loved never been treated like that before. I am so so confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• Oh you poor thing....I've been you. Think of what you'll regret. Refuse him until he gets his act together for you ( not the ex ). Now buy a real good book.. one you can get lost in. It may sound corny but I read all of the Golden Compass books when I was pregnant.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I know this is easier said than done, but try to think with your head and not your heart. The thing that would concern me the most is the drinking problem (that and the fact he left you!). Ask yourself, what advice would you give to your best friend or sister who wanted to date this guy? Honestly, wouldn't you tell them he's not good enough for them? If so, why would you settle for him? It sounds like he seriously needs to get his act together, and until he does, he's not worthy of you! Why would you want to saddle yourself with all of his issues if he doesn't care enough to do something about them? Life is too short! Don't let him steal your happiness!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• yes i think thats crazy but hey its your choice not mine . but seriously he left you for his ex find someone better you got the better end of the the deal all she got was him. my suggestion go find a man with a future.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I couldn't put it down.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• LOVED YOU???? MMMMMM, leaving for the ex? DOESN"T SOUND LIKE LOVE TO ME!!! You need some cancelling......I think you are playing the victem here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I was you once as well....stop living in the moment. I had a guy that cheated on me multiple times and treated me like crap and yet I still took him back because I liked how things were when we were together after all...things weren't always bad. I finally got up the courage to leave him and not look back and 2 years later the love of my life found me. No drinking, drugs, cheating, he cooks, cleans takes care of our son. Everything I could have ever hoped for. My ex ended up changing his life and i'm glad for that but I wasn't enough for him to do it and i'm glad because I found Mr. Right and you will too!! Good luck!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• When I fell in love with my husband, there were many aspects of his life and his personality that might be considered "loser"-ish. He had minimum wage jobs most of the time I knew him, no car, at one point had lost his license and social security card, and was a big time drinker and drug user. But there was always something about him that I adored and I could never explain it. But instead of criticizing him and judging him for his faults and mistakes, I stuck by him and eventually he turned his life around and came looking for me because he realized what we had together. Now we're married and have a five month old baby girl. Don't feel bad for who you love. Loving someone isn't crazy....no matter who they are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• No way! You need to move on! I dated a guy that treated me like shit, and he left me after he lost his virginity. He left me for just some girl he did n't even know. I thought I was crushed and wanted him back soo bad. A few months later I met the man of my dreams, and fell head over heels in live with him!! We have been married for almost four years and have two wonderful kids! You are wasting your time with this waste of space!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I feel for you. I know you probably got along great, but you have to think about your future! Do you really want a hard life? It is no picnic let me tell you! I married a real loser too outta love, but I shoulda ran like hell! I endured 10 years of drama, heartache and worry, to put it mildly. Now I'm with a wonderful man that has his stuff together and treats me right!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:44 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Are you kidding? Seriously??? No you are not crazy. You think you can change him and you can't. You can't save everyone. Unfortuneatly, it takes years to learn that. Good luck.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 26, 2008