What do you do when your toddler is in the bath tub?

Just got done with my dd 30 minute bath! Geesh, that was the longest tea party ever!
If I'm not up for tea party I usually paint my toes, pluck my eyebrows, rearrange bathroom cabinet, clean toilet, etc.

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Isn't it funny how many things we CAN find to do in a bathroom when little one is having their own pool party. Bored time for me consisted of the usual tweezing, plucking, fiddling with makeup, drawer cleaning out, wiping of smears found on walls or baseboards - whatever I could find that didn't involve leaving him alone or spraying any kind of cleaning chemical while he was in the room. But mostly bath time was about him, what he needed for me to do to keep him entertained while bathing.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 1:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• When my kids were little, they always wanted to stay and play forever in the tub. I would either take a book and read, or catch up on some phone calls to family and friends. I'd just hang out on the toilet :P
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My son has this thing about wanting to take a bath every time we go into the bathroom. lol I just give him a long bath once a day. This is usually when I clean the bathroom or do my hair/makeup or balance my checkbook. lol Things I can do without leaving the room and then, I play with him for a bit and wash him up.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I wander around the house, popping in the bathroom to check on my child from time to time, never gone for long, but I don't stay in the bathroom the whole time. I also can hear my child from wherever I am. Near the end I go in and we play together. I am a single mom, so I am always trying to find time to get things done. My child is 4.
    Anonymous

• I play with the bathtoys with him, or sit and play on my phone, or read a magazine. or color on the tile with him with the bath markers.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We sing songs, spell things with his toy letters, or I clean the bathroom.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oops I meant to say I wander around the house doing things that need to be done lol. Not just wandering around aimlessly!! I clean up mostly, or make my child's lunch for the next day (in the kitchen, within earshot if the bathroom).

Anonymous

• We sing song, Play with bath toys, read books. and clean while I can
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• clean the bathroom or read a magazine
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Usually practice all of the things she learns at swimming lessons such as, kicking her legs, laying on her back, and blowing bubbles.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011