How do i deal with bridezilla?!

She is driving me crazy! She thinks that I need to stop what im doing, pawn my kids off on somebody and do whatever it is she wants! Now she expects me to drive 2 hours for a $50 pair of shoes! First off we dont have the money for gas nor the shoes ( i am a sahm so we only have dh's income). I think she has fallen off her rocker but the other girls in the wedding think im the crazy one yet im the only one married with kids and the only one with bills. what can i do to at least deal with the stress. i know i signed up for all this when i said i would be a bridesmaid but i didnt think she would be this bad!

newlife627

Asked by newlife627 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I simply WOULD NOT tolerate someone treating me that way and they certainly would not be considered a friend.........totally unacceptable. We glorify the "Bridezilla" by sending the message it's okay by airing that stupid show (that I secretly love to hate by th way) but as for me - not for a moment would I put up with that foolishness ESPECIALLY if you can't afford it. JUST SAY NO.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I hate to say this... is there any way that you can give the money to someone else to buy them? every woman is only supposed to get married once, if all it takes is a pair of stupid shoes to make sure her wedding is perfect is it really too much to ask? How often are you in weddings.. maybe once every few years if that..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• yea but we dont have the money. and i cant see paying money for a pair of shoes i cant even try on. i think she should find a different shoe somewhere local.
    newlife627

Comment by newlife627 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• yea, is this bride your daughter or friend? if its your daughter, i would say get a new shoe, if its your friend, doesnt sound like a very understanding friend HOWEVER it is her wedding, soo...of all the times not to have money (which is understandable) its probably the worst time. i would say drive to get the shoe to make your friend happy, but then you don't need to give her a gift. your time and effort is gift enough. i had a party for a friend at my house which costs a lot! but then i didn't get her a gift, and it was totally understandable
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 1:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If u cannot take the expense and stress, tell her. You didn't anticipate this happening so to keep your sanity and bank account balanced, just tell her how you feel.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Her wedding, her expense. She should not expect her friends to live up to her economic standards. And you should not put your family's welfare before a wedding. Her expectations as stated to you are unreasonable. You may need to bow out. This will only get worse if someone doesn't call her ass on the carpet for abusing friends!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011