What is your opinion and experience with the accreditation for the Art Institute of Pittsburg?

I have found that they are accredited through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education. The are a very reputable and prestigious school. Do you think I'm wasting my money?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 1:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in

• What do you want to go for? Check out PTI if it's something they have as well, your money is better spend there. AI is much more expensive and their education is equal to that of PTI. I compared the two credit for credit and I felt PTI was the better of the two options. But both are an awesome education.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Contact HR departments of companies you would like to work for, and make sure that they accept a degree from the school

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thank you. :) I have been researching more options. I have been enrolled in the Art Institute of Pittsburgh online since the fall for a bachelor's in Graphic Design. I am, however, thinking about transferring to my community college to become a teacher and instead teach art. :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If you're wanting to teach Art, your degree will mean more coming from AI than from your average school. And you may not be able to transfer credits (even though they say you can) to other schools. AI really is a wonderful school, but the cost is immense, I know, when I was looking at going (10 yrs ago) it was $47,000 for two years, plus lab time, plus books, plus parking, plus plus plus... PTI was going to cost me $48,000 for two years but included everything from books to parking to a tutor right in the tuition.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm just getting really worried about the student loans adding up to too much by the time I graduate. :(
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My friends went there and both of them are in the whole for a lot it was 17 thousand a semester and even with financial aid they still have to get loans and more.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• he financial burden seems overwhelming right now. I am really looking into transferring to my local school for a degree in teaching. My sister went here and is a wonderful teacher now. Thanks for your info. :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Have you looked into other schools that are cheaper with art?
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Ya if you try those a little less expensive ones that too may do the job.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 3:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2011