Job search and hysterectomy?

Ok, I found out a couple days ago that I have to have a hysterectomy. What I am wondering is what should I do if and when I get called for an interview. Should I tell when they call to schedule an interview, at the interview etc. The surgery itself is in a month, then around a month of recovery. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

mommy-perks

Asked by mommy-perks at 1:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• You'll need to put the job search on hold and concentrate on having and recovering from the surgery.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had to wait until recovery or tell them the truth.. you cant start for another two months and let them decide
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Find a Dr that will take it out through your Hoo haa! Thats how I got mine out. I was 100% fine to walk around 3 days afterward. I only spent 1 night in the hospital to. The recovery time is 1/8 what it will be for a conventional hysto. and the pain, is 99% less as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My dr. plans on it as long as there are no complications during ( if my uterus is to big, which is a possibility)

mommy-perks

Comment by mommy-perks (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Mine was HUGE, I also had endometriosis My Dad came down for the surgery planning to spend weeks and 3 days later I was walking around the cherokee casino with him all day. He said "your Mom was layed up for over 2 months. I cant believe how your up and about. But the recovery time is next to nothing when you get it out through your hoo haa. Sure, you cant be lifting anything over 5 pounts for a few weeks, but I did just about everything else myself.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think that you need to play this by ear

Answer by rkoloms at 3:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011