Special K diet yay? or neigh?

Has anyone lost weight on the Special K diet?!

staciepi

Asked by staciepi at 1:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I wanna know the answer as well.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Even if you eat the 2 tiny bowl for breakfast and lunch, if you go hog ass wild for dinner it wont make a difference. You have to follow it for it to work which means a really LOW fat, low calorie meal at night.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I honestly don't think that's enough to satisfy my cravings. nay for me
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I lost like CRAZY! 30lbs in a very short time actually.. just make sure you use low fat or no fat and no cheating with snacks.. fresh fruits and whole juice or water.. no soda or bad for you drinks!

the BEST diet I ever went on (im still on it because i love it as a life style) is simple: if you read the ingredients and can't pronounce or don't know what something is.. don't buy it. look for another brand that you know everything or that has less in it. Land of lakes butter.. 3 ingredients!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I lost weight doing it and then was able to keep the weight off successfully. Of course, this was before they had as many snacks/options as they do now - it was just the cereal for breakfast and lunch, fresh fruit/veggies for snacks and then a reasonable supper. I only lost about 10 lbs, but that was my goal so I went back to eating a regular lunch.

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You do realize it's a ploy to get you to buy more Special K, right? It tells you to replace 2 meals with Special K for two weeks to lose 6lbs. You can replace 2 meals a day for 2 weeks with almost ANY kind of cereal and lose about 6lbs....temporarily. After those 2 weeks once you go back to eating your normal diet you're just gonna gain it right back...
    Anonymous

• Ya or NAY. Neigh is the sound a horse makes....LOL!
    Its a gimmick , to get you to buy Special K.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You will likely still be hungry. I think that is you redesivn your diet to include healthier foods all around, and add in some exercise you will be better off.
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 5:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The actual serving size for a boul of cereal is really small. With this diet you are essentially starving your body.
    lilahsmommie

Answer by lilahsmommie at 5:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, it helped me first get motivated.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 5:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011