Does your 6 year old have....

My husbands nephew has a ps3 play and wii an x-box 360 and i-pad touch and an i-phone. I know there is more but I can't think of what they are called. I'm sorry but I think that's just alittle to much for a child that age. When we are over at my SIL's house he is always playing with one of those. I know when I was 6 years old I was always outside playing and when the weather was bad I was in my room playing with toys. I was just wondering if your 6 year old had any of those and how much do you let them play with them?

momoftwins250

Asked by momoftwins250 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 5 1/2 year old has a leapster, which I wish he didn't. It's not as educational as I thought and seems just like any other video game system to me. I refuse to get video game systems, it's bad enough already with my son wanting to watch tv, play his leapster, and play games on the computer all the time. Too many kids get addicted and end up 30 years old playing video games all day and living off their parents. I really don't want that to happen.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• holy cow! I feel bad knowing that my 5 year-old knows more about our family wii than i do!! that is just too much..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• my almost 6 year old has a vsmile, which he gets to play maybe once a week....

of course, he doesn't even know how to turn the tv on either
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My 6 yo DS has a Wii (originally bought for us he just uses it more than we do now) and a DS, but not a phone. He knows how to play games on our computer, but does not have his own.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Our family has a Wii. My 6 year old was given a game system that was designed to look like a beginner lap top, but the games on it are so simplistic that he never plays with it (can we say "Yard Sale!"?). If stuck inside, he will reach for legos and/or action figures before attempting to get on the Wii.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My 12 year old doesn't even have all that. Some parents want to give their kids "everything", then they never have to "want" for anything. Not always the best idea though.
    Anonymous

• Our FAMILY has a Wii, and that's it, nothing else you have listed. My 6yo has a little kiddie laptop (just has a few learning games, I think it's a VTech) but she hardly touches it.
    Anonymous

• I think he has all of these is because he is their only child (at the moment she is pregnant) and so they give him these things to play with so they can go and do other things and not have to interact with him as much. Which I think is really sad. When I'm over at their house the mom doesn't really play with him that much. I see the dad playing with him more.
    momoftwins250

Comment by momoftwins250 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011