What to plant?

I have two fairly large planters. One by my back steps and another at the end of our backyard by the garage. Both located at the end of a little walking path. I would like to plant something in them that I can use for cooking with. What do you think would look good an meet my needs?

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i planted tomatoes and herbs in mine
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I say that you should plant Oregano and Rosemary in one...and the other you could put Thyme and Mint !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 1:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Good suggestions Wish2be. I'll use those ideas myself
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm fixin to plant some basil, rosemary and thyme along with some wild flowers. I love to go out to my back yard and pick a few fresh flowers in the morning to put on a little bud vase where I work - makes me smile!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• oh and mint of course - can't forget mint. I use Basil for my iced tea in place of mint - I muddle it in and it tastes so fresh and lovely - a nice change. I also make a kick ass drink by muddling basil and then putting in a shot of vodka, pineapple juice and a little simple syrup and sprite -garnish with your basil and it is a great spring/summer drink!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• A variety of herbs ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• green onions, rosemary, mint, basil, oregano
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2011