Is it possible...

to start having contractions again after they gave you a pill to stop them!?!? I went in last night and they ended up stopping my contractions at about this time last night. And now they are starting again. UGH!! Im 35wks BTW

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 1:42 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They gave me that as well. Those pills made me sleep, by the time I actually woke up I was so far in labor that I delivered one hour after getting back to the hospital. The doctor literally came running in prepping. I was told that they did this because at that time the hospitals were so over crowded they didnt have room for someone to just sit through labor like back in the day.

I would definitly go back or call the doctor to let them know whats going on.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 1:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• What did they give you to stop them? I was also put on something to stop my contractions when I was pregnant with my twin girls. I started to get them again so I had to go back in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I dont remeber what it was called. But it was just one pill. They also ran a test and it said I wasnt producing the hormone to go into labor...and it was good for two weeks or something. The pill was like a yellowish color with a "B" on it.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Hmmm....I remember I was put on terbutaline(SP?) I think I was taking it like every 6 hour and then I started to have them again so they bumped them up to every 4 hours I had to take one. I had went into preterm labor at 25 weeks so they gave me magnesium sulfate through a i.v. to stop the contractions and then after a couple day in the hospital they put me on terbutaline and sent me home and put me on bed rest. If you don't think its working then call your doctor or go into labor and delivery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It is very possible that your labor just can't be stopped. Call your doctor. Luckily you are far enough along for the baby to be healthy, good luck and congrats Mama!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It's definitely possible. Call the doc. Just like the above poster said, your baby should be okay and healthy (maybe some liver and lung underdevelopment) if you DO end up in labor that can't be stopped. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2008