Getting a car loan...

Do you always have to have a job to get a loan??? I have good credit. But I get paid under the table so I have no proof I have a job.

ALSO I get $200-$280 a week and all my bills right now is $250 which could be less but I double up on some of the bills. How much of a car loan do you think I should get? I was thinking a $7000 car for 3 years loan. I really have NO ONE to ask/go with me and have NO CLUE really what car is good or anything. Another thing if they have the car up for like $6995 how much would you try and talk them down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Shopping

• If you have no proof of income there is no way they will give you a loan
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• try through your bank but POI (Proof of income) is a MUST most of the time
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If you can't prove you have income they will doubt your ability to make the payments.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You need to prove you're making income.  You get paid under the table?  I'm sorry, that just made me laugh because it reminded me of something from a song involving alcohol.    sidesplittinglaughter

Aubreigh294

Answer by Aubreigh294 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If you don't have any proof of income, you will need a cosigner.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You'll need a co-signer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The lending company will want to know how you're going to pay the loan...that will require proof of income and employment.
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 5:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Buy privately. Use a cashiers check to pay with. The dealers are VULCHERS!!!!!
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 6:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011