At what age does the "Boogy Man" comes into children dreams??

I have a 18month old lil boy. My husband and i can get him to sleep no problem but when it comes to 1-3am my child is screaming his head off. So my husband or myself will go and pick up the child to comfort him but once we try laying our son down he starts to scream once again?? My husband say its growing pain, but i dont know what is. Im thinking the "Boogy Man"

Manda725

Asked by Manda725 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im 44 and I still close ALL closet doors BEFORE i go to sleep. The boggy man can ONLY come through the door if it's left open. LOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Is his diaper wet when you check him at 1-3am? Is he gassy? I always gave my Son a light snack before bed (1/2 banana, grapes, cheerios) & he slept really well. But it is normal at times that they wake at night occasionally. Usually he would wake cranky & upset if he was wet or was a little gassy. They only know about the boogeyman from TV or other kids telling them. But if they are uncomfortable at night, they may dream of something that bothers them.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My oldest is almost 4 and she doesnt know anything about a boogy man. lol

sounds like your little one is just waking up and needs to learn how to self soothe. My 2 yr old still gets up at 2-3 am wanting milk or to tell me she is wet.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I meant to say my oldest is almost 5**
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Mine range from almost 4 to almost 9.5 and we've never had "boogy man" issues. If you've never bought it up, and he hasn't heard about it anywhere, I highly doubt he's having "boogy man" dreams.
    Anonymous

• Thank you all!! He does have a back up issue that we have been fighting with for some time. But his pediatric said that he is cleard out and we should not have any more issues. But i also wondered if he is just graving one on one time with his daddy. Daddy works 12 hour shifts and does not spend much time with the child on work days??
    Manda725

Comment by Manda725 (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011