What is one thing you don't like about your in-laws?

Mine is that they never come over to see my kids! We live a half hour away from my SIL and 10 min. from MIL and FIL. When we see them we always have to go over to their place.

momoftwins250

Asked by momoftwins250 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Heavy drinkers!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My MIL only see my kids on holidays and birthdays. My FIL never sees my kids and I am completely ok with that.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• ....just one?
    Ok, my pick is that my MIL took it upon herself to announce our first pregnancy to the entire family so we never got to. Then my husband refused to tell her about our second pregnancy, and she found out from a friend of my family when I was around 20 weeks, and got mad at me for it. Then she convinced their entire side of the family to not come to the baby shower, but not tell anyone that they weren't coming, in hopes that my family would be out a bunch of money for food and stuff. All they did was make themselves look like jerks. Ok, that was more than one, but I will stop there. We haven't seen them in about five and a half years.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• MIL - pot smoker, likes to drink, treats my husband like he can do no wrong, doesn't seem to give a crap about her grandkids
    FIL - pot smoker, asshole, makes my husband AND kids cry
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• there a lot i don't like but i hate the fact when my son was born my hubby already had kids he was my 1st yet the never really been existed for me or my son or the son i had since . also there photos up of my 2 nephews yet none of my 2 or my 2 step kids i think mother in law loves her daughter kids more oh and out of the 6 gran kids my step daughter the only girl ! . so for mother day i'm getting her a framed photo of all 6 of her gran kids let see her not put that out lol

i hate most about my father in law is the jokes he a little pervy and freaky

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 2:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Save here actually. My Mom (hubby's in-law lol) actually complains about not seeing them but declines invites or says she is sick. One might think that she wants to meet somewhere esle...nope, she just enjoys being about to complain. Sad but true.....I still love my whiny Momma.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 2:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I dont care for mine because they are allway in our business and trying to tell us what to do with our kids. They get mad easy too if you dont do wha they want or agree with them over some thing. They like to barrow money but never pay it back, but if you barrow from them their on your ass every day do you have the money. They like to talk crap on every one else in the family. I could go on for ever....
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 2:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't have a MIL close by or FIL at all.  The closest is a VERY NOSEY aunt and uncle of my husbands.  The worst, is that she always asks how much something cost!  How could we afford a vacation?  How much did this or that cost? 

Last year my niece had a never before done and very risky surgery that saved her life.  The aunt asked me ... who paid for it?  GGGRRR.....

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• They're unreliable. They say "We'll be up there sometime today" and never show up. They don't even call to say they can't make it, they just don't show up. That's all of his family though. They don't let you know they can't come or when they'll be coming. They just don't show up. Or they say "I'll give you a call later", so we have to sit around and wait for a call that never comes. SOOO frustrating. His whole family is unreliable. All of them. How hard is it to say "We'll be there around 1:00" and show up, or call and say that you can't make it? DH isn't any better. . he's as unreliable in a lot of ways as well. I hate it!!

My MIL undermines my authority. When my son would scream I'd tell him to stop and she'd say "He's okay, this is a loud house". No, I told him not to scream because he's not allowed to. And other times she'd just tell me "He can play with that" or something of that nature. UGH!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My MIL and stepFIL are wonderful parents and people, no complaints at all. My FIL calls us up in the middle of the night, repeatedly, and then calls the next day and bitches DH out that he doesn't answer his calls, when we've told him 1000 times that we have to get up early so we go to bed early and we don't answer the phone after 10.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011