Can a guy really just lose interest just like that? Or is it something else?

This is not about sex either (both of us are waiting) so why do guys just back off all of a sudden? Everything is going great, we're getting closer and then Bam!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds like u are really comfortable with each other so if u have to ask the question something is bothering one of u......commmunicate!!! And they dont lose interest just likethat, something is going on.find out! This is coming from a person who was married for 23 yrs and then diviorced {pinksnowball@twcny.com}
    pinksnowball514

Answer by pinksnowball514 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• ask him what is going on, you thought everything was going good. men i guess get nervous and cold feet about things like committment.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Could be any number of reasons. Women do it as well.
    Talk to him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• In a normal courtship, a guy will sometimes back off to see how you will respond. Will you come after him? Will you start seeing other people? Will you wait for him? Women who really want to know that a guy is interested in her for all the right reasons will do the same thing. If I were where you are today, I would assume the worst. He truly has lost interest and moved on or is ready to move on. At the same time I would start looking around for someone else who might be interested in me. I would not chase after any man, but I would be aware of my surroundings. If your boyfriend is testing you, then you should return the favor. That is best done by saying by your actions, "Okay, if this is how you want it, then I am willing to accept your decision." You don't, however, say those words to him. But that's the attitude you take. My husband was a man like this, and he decided I was the keeper. That was 50 years ago.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ther has to more to you maybe you dont see it or realize it. Then again guys are different you know. They see relationships like your there in but hes not married to you so in the back of his mind he can just come and go or look around and some that are married do the same. They want to be able to do what ever they want. Have you even talked to him maybe there isnt any thing or there is. You need to think what was happening when he just bam.
    So yes i think a guy can just loos interest. How old is he? How long have you guys been together? That can have some thing to do with it too. Maybe there is some one else. I think the best thing is to talk to him.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• it's an old trick my hubby told me about. He is waiting to see how you will react... let him go, pounce on him, or get all crazy .
    clabanks

Answer by clabanks at 3:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011