Wanted to share =)

Just wanted to share our amazing day we had =) We are moving on saturday 3hours away so visits to the area we currently live in wont be overly often. Over the years that we have been here we've made awesome friends & ran the local playgroup.

Today was the last day of playgroup & everyone organized a going away shindig for us. Things like this dont happen in my life, in fact I have never had a going away party of any sort. They brought cookies & cupcakes, balloons, everyone made out cards to my daughter & I, my daughter even walked away with presents! I cant believe how nice everyone has been to us.

We will miss the great friends that we made, that is for sure. I hope we get the chance to come back down & visit everyone. Not only do I appreciate the friendship we have had with each & every one of them but I learned a lot from this group of people. Thankfully we are all on facebook & will keep in touch that way but it dosent compare to seeing them weekly. Simply the best group of people that I've had the privlage of being friends with in my entire life so far.

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That's very sweet! I'm glad you had a good time and good luck with your move :)
    Pinkclover2

Answer by Pinkclover2 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I can understand and relate i moved for 20 yrs somewhere else and we were involved in soccer, etc.. friends an then i diviorced and moved back home and now i dont have anyone and no one keeps in touch.and as yrs go by it gets worse not better.so try and stay in touch.....my kids are grwn and havetheir own lives also so its really hard.....take my advice try to stay in touch with old friends if u can
    pinksnowball514

Answer by pinksnowball514 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i think thats great! its not often u make such great friends, good friends come few and far between!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• good luck

Hope your move goes well!

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Staying in touch with friends is hard, so far I have never kept in touch with anyone & I have moved over 40times in my life, I'm 24yo. I anticipate to make comments every so often on facebook, maybe make a visit down here to hit playgroup etc but I'm sure that is as far as it will go. Lucky for us we are moving back home so all our family is up there & I have a couple of friends up that way well okay one thats it one someone I reconnected with after high school through facebook but we went to school together (hm did that make sense!?).

I'm not sure what will happen up there but we will see. One thing is for sure though my 3yo makes me questions our choice to move when she goes "I'm going to miss my friends" & mopes & cries =( I know she will adjust & she has built in cousins her age up there but still this is the only place she has ever known so far in her life =(
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011