3 different sellers @ 1 garage sell..

My mom. me & my sister want to do a garage sell at my moms house together. Anyone know how we would keep the money straight on who sold how much at the end?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Colored price stickers with one color for each person. Put the price on each sticker and then have a couple of pages in a notebook for each person and put the stickers on the persons page. Then at the end of the rummage sale, add up each persons page.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Me, my mom, and my grandma put our initials on all of our stuff and then we write down what people buy. If it's my mom's, we put the price of the item under her name, and so on. Then we add up what all was sold and split the money between us.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• you know how you can buy those dot stickers that a lot of yard salers put prices on? well designate a different color for each person, then a different cash box, or different spot for each person in one cash box. Then put your sticker on your sale items, that way if green sold a chair for $20, green gets the $20, and if red sold a barbie for $3 then red gets $3.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• use different color tags and keep the tags with the money, then at the end of the day total your color
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I do this with a few of my neighbors. We have separate zipped envelops that we label and keep the cash in on our sitting table. We also color code the price stickers so we know who's is who's. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Or use different color price stickers for each person and add up as febmom007 described above.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You could each set up your own table and have your own money box.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 2:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Keep a red pen handy and mark any deductions on the sticker under the original price. Make sure your family knows what your minimum's are. Or if you just can't wrap your head around separating everything at the end, use separate portions of the yard and each stay with your own stuff, your own cash box.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ive thought about the sticker thing... BUT... in garage sells prices change alot b/c of bargaining..I guess thats why we would just carry a pen around or something to make the change...

I guess im worried since we have never done a garage sell at all.. so its all going to be new.. lol..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Use colored dots to separate the items and tally the items on separate sheets of paper.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011