Is hamburg still good (uncooked) if it got to room temp?

I got out some hamburg around dinner time yesterday. Well it was still frozen when I went to go to bed so I put it in the fridge when I checked it this morning cause it was still a little frozen. I got it out at like 730 or 8 I don't remember, but I know it was no earlier and no later. I got it out to make meat loaf well I am not sure what time it finished dethawing, but I just mixed it up and put it in the oven for a meatloaf and it was at like room temperature. It wasn't cold at all. I tried smelling it, but I can't tell if it smelled bad or not. It was 1 pound of hamburger. I also had out 1 pound of sausage to add to it and it was room temp too. Will it still be good? I am pregnant if that makes a diffrence at room temp stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I wouldn't take chances because of the unborn baby but I would let my husband eat it...he has an iron gut
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would not since you are pregnant.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• mmmm it's probably fine BUT I'm not sure I would risk it since you are preggers.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I was always told you will KNOW when hamburger is bad, you will not even be able to put your nose up to it because of the smell.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It's fine, just cook it ASAP.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• how would you know?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would not take the chance, even if I wasn't pregnant. Bad meat doesn't always smell or taste bad.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'd eat it, just make sure you cook it thoroughly
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2011