Does anyone have a Dh/SO that works 24/7?

My SO works so much and travels alot and it's starting to take a toll. I kind of demand alot of attention( I know this) and I hate it that he is rarely here and so hard to reach at times. I understand he works hard but I think I may be taking my insecurites out on him because of my last relationship. So how do you ladies deal with this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to scare him off because he is really a wonderful man.

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• It's my intention to be honest not mean, so don't take me wrong when I say; if you don't want to scare him off then you might want to STOP taking your insecurities out on him. Men don't want and insecure woman no more than a woman wants an insecure man. We can group men into the "pig" category all day long - but when you get down to the real brass tacks of things you have to admit and live by the truth that he is not your ex and if you punish him for what the ex did, eventually you will drive him away.
    Now, my DH works 24/7 , always has and how I deal with it is that I concentrate on the time that we do have together instead of the time we don't. I build my own life (and yes, it always revolves around his schedule because I won't miss a minute with him to go to a aerobic class, ya know).
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well I just deal. I get insecure sometimes because of past relationships but I just know that every man is not going to be scum. I would try talking to him. Say like I miss you when you are gone and I wish you could make more of an effort to contact me while you are gone.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 2:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My DH works 2 jobs so that I can be a SAHM....he works from 11:30pm til 6am then goes to his day job at 8am until 3:30pm ....I understand how you feel 100% It's hard to deal with but it's kind of something you just get used to after awhile....we spend alot of time on the phone and we leave each other little love notes around the house.....It will get easier
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Don't make him cash checks that other men wrote. If he is trustworthy then give him a break. My SO just moved into a 70 hour work week schedule and it's tough but he's attentive when he is here and not sleeping. The majority of his hours come during weekends so we have no personal life with friends and that is stressful for me, however, I understand why he is doing it (for our future) and I recognize it is for the greater good. Find yourself some hobbies, occupy your time or enjoy the peace and quiet that I'm sure many wives would love to have on this site. A good man is a good man - even if he is working all the time. This time will pass and it won't always be like this. PM me any time you need a little support!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We don't live together.... thanks hatsumomo that is good advice. I just don't want to scare him off. We've been together about 8 months and i don't want hm to think I'm crazy lol
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• PS June Mama09 - we dated long distance for the first 3.5 years of our relationship seeing each other once a month in the beginning and then moving into every weekend as we got more serious - the flight bill was ridiculous but I knew he loved me and WAS serious because every spare moment he did have, he spent it with me. Now we have lived together for a little over 2 years. I feel your pain - but try to remain calm. I definitely wanted to do things that could have scared him off in the beginning but I always stopped myself and tried to remain rational - it is so easy to let your mind run away with thoughts when you aren't together. HUGS
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Shelby no offense taken, I totally understand where you are coming from
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011