Tricking body into ovulation?

Hi ladies! I was recently diagnosed with PCOS after TTC with no luck for 8 months. I have been on the birth control pills for 3 months because it levels out my hormones and I am ready to start TTC again. I have one son that we made during a slip up on the Nuva Ring. I left it out for a few days on accident and voila! a boy! That was three years ago and I'm thinking about "tricking"my body again. My body's hormones function much better on birth control than not. Next week when I start a new pack, I plan on taking 4-5 days of pills and then taking a few days off. Hopefully this will trigger ovulation. Any advice? Would you just not start a new pack at all?

MrsTexas

Asked by MrsTexas at 2:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Does your doctor know you are doing this? Hormones regulate ovulation, they don't trick you into ovulating. Not all BC does this. The pill actually slows it down, having less periods. With PCOS you need to be careful about ovulation, it causes more cysts. If you play around to much your plan could backfire and cause you to have a really bad outbreak. The pill is higher hormone level than the nuva ring as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011