Do you take vitamins?

My SO's mom is always telling us that we should all take a daily vitamin. She has even gone as far as buying vitamins for the kids and daily women/men vitamins for my SO and me. It was actually our Christmas present!

Do you take vitamins? Do you give them to your kids? What kind do you take?

Momma2_2Hbabies

Asked by Momma2_2Hbabies at 2:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• The only thing I take is a Vitamin D supplement and that is prescribed because my levels are very low. My kids take the target brand (chewable) because I've read that the gummies are bad for the teeth.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I take them. So does my DH and DD. Really though it is best to get nutrients from fresh fruits and vegetables, etc.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 3:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• yes. every single day, they are so important and i make sure hubby takes them too. it is absolutely impossible to get the amount of vitamins you need from diet alone, and this is coming from a pre med student (yes me). my 8 month old is obviously too young. if you truly want to be healthy you need to take a daily vitamin. i take the Be Wholesome vitamins from GNC and hubby takes adult gummys
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes. I take womens one a day, DH takes mens one a day and our DD takes a flintstone gummy vitamin with immunity support.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 3:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I still take a prenatal since I'm breastfeeding. My husband takes a daily vitamin and so does our 4 year old (he has to have the liquid one put into his juice). Our 8 month old doesn't but she gets everything she needs from me right now!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I try to remember to take mine, my DH takes his, and I make sure my kids get theirs every day as well.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I do now, but only because I am pregnant if I weren't pregnant then I wouldn't be taken a vitamin. My kids don't either although I was thinking about getting them on some sort of vitamin. I was going to by some last week, but I forgot.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I take B-complex(liquid), fish oil, and vitamin d. I eat healthy too :) oh I also put Flax on different foods.
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, I take a multivitamin by Nature Made, Vit D, and Calcium. My kids always took a multivitamin
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My kids always took a Flintstones vitamin everydsy. Now they take One a Day. (They are adults)
    I have always taken a B vitamin, a Calcium and a magnesium, and Omega 3,Fish Oil. And sometimes I add a B12 and B6.And D.
    I eat well but I really think that I need supplements too and my health is excellent at age 68.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011