What happens when your baby misses a vaccination appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Just reschedule. '
    I do remember what it was like in the 1950's when people of all ages were contracting polio....it was horrible. An epidemic in 1952,1953. When they finally created the Polio vaccine, it was a God-send.
    I had a friend who spent the rest of her short life living in an Iron Lung because of polio's paralysis. And a few who used crutches until they died.
    Get your shots for yourself and your babies, Moms!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• they don't get the vaccination that day, you can just reschedule... not a big deal
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You reschedule. My daughter missed her 18 month appointment. She got caught up at her 2 year appointment.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Just reschedule it. No biggie
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• my kids have never been behind on shots I have always taken them on time, but if you didn't I would just reschedule it isn't really a big deal as long as it gets done
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• just reschedule. you can make it up anytime before or on the next scheduled round of shots. I actually did not get the vac's on the traditional timeline, i got them spread out or delayed.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You just reschedule it and go some other time. We delay vaccinations. DD hasn't had a shot since her 18 month shots (she's almost 2.5 now) because I wanted to wait on one of the shots until she was older. She'll be going back pretty soon, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• you just reschedule and sometimes if its part of series the are late for the next shot might have to be delayed by however late you are for this one. my oldest were not completely current until they were 4.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• nothing, you just reschedule
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It is NO BIG DEAL - you just call and reschedule. All of my children were vaccinated on a revised schedule.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011