What are some reasons why a spouse would prolong getting those taxes done

When you know have 3 kids and looking at a good sum of money in return and the money is desperately needed

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 3:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• The longer you wait the longer it last! I wish we would have waited a little longer.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Maybe he doesn't have the money to pay the Accountant right now to do your taxes.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No clue. I did mine in mid-Jan and had my money by the end of Jan. We needed the money to move. I did, however, just do my state and local taxes.. but my state pays my local!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think mine, stbx is trying to get a bank account and then refuse to split it. Otherwise I'm chalking it up to laziness.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Maybe won money? I don't know, but I haven't finished mine yet either,, perhaps he just is a procrastinator like me?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• MY EX.... waited till the LAST HR...... just to spit his ex. thats the only way she got any child support from him for 9 yrs now..... and to make it worse... he claimed 9 dependants through the yr... in the end.. he couldn't but SHE ONLY GOT 263.00 for the YEAR from his taxes. *douchbag*
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 3:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Maybe he owes money and doesnt want you to know about it. You would usually get a letter in the mail saying they would put a lien on them. I had that happen with some student loans and postponed my taxes while I got it handled. You should just ask him why.

Answer by gemgem at 3:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011