My 1 1/2 month old is very gassy, what can i do to help?

Does anyone know if the gas drops really work? If so what brand is best? Also, what foods did u guys find that upset ur little ones tummy? Thanks so much ahead of time!

jbrogdon5

Asked by jbrogdon5 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a simple switch of formula could help that. they make different kinds so you're bound to find something that will help. and the drops do help. I don't remember which I used though.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I used the Mylicon drops often with my Son & they DO work. Also have you tried Dr. Browns bottles? Very good for gas. Also if you are formula feeding only use LIQUID already mixed formula NOT the formula mixed with water. It is too harsh on newborns stomachs.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• maybe its the formula? which one are you using? started my son on silminac and he was very gassy and has the runs until we switched him to enfamil and he hardly passes gas and has regular bowl movements.
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• any kind of simethicone drops can help. maybe a different formula, my daughter was on carnation good start, she loved it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• my daughter was like that at 1 1/2 month old and if was do to her formula...so mayb that could b the problem. not sure but i wwould ask the doc and see what he/she says....good luck let us kno what happens
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I actually am breastfeeding so I was asking about stuff that I might be eating that could be upseting his tummy
    jbrogdon5

Comment by jbrogdon5 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011