38 weeeks..early labor pains or labor? adult content

Tuesday I have my appointment and my doctor said for sure that Iwasnt going to make it to my due date. WHich is April 8th. I asked him to scrap my membranes and I was already dialtated to 3 cm. He said dont be surprised that Igo into labot with in a couple of days. I have been having crampy like pains like the feeling you get before you get your period and some are worse then others but they are not close together. Im lower back is a dull achy pain but comes and goes. I guess Im just looking for some reasurance and is this early labor pains or labor pains and they are just spread out? I do believe that last night I did lose my mucus plug which looked like sorry for this TMI but after you have sex the discharge that comes out when you go to the bathroom, but it was clear and gooy with a ting of blood in it.

Kristin0312

Asked by Kristin0312 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• sounds like your in labor to me! I would start timing and perhaps call the doc,,,,god bless you for even feeling like having sex! BOY or GIRL??
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• you could be in labor. just time your contractions. they need to be happening every few minutes. and if all else fails, it won't hurt to go to the er.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• could be strong braxtion hickes

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 3:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yep sweetheart sounds like that nasty mucas plug lol I'm no doctor but what you're describing sounds like what happened to me (2 1/2 months ago). I had our DD 4 days after those spread out contractions started and 1 day after mucas plug, but everyone is different. Just don't go anywhere by yourself. Oh and you're already to a 3? How exciting for you, baby is coming soon :) Good luck to you mamma
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• we are having a BOY! I get crampy in the front pretty bad, but then about 30mins-45mins later my lower back starts to ache then goes away.
    Kristin0312

Comment by Kristin0312 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Get on your hands and knees and do the 'cat cow' exercise (arch your back, then let it hang down) if you're having back pain, it might help to get your little one turned correctly to avoid back labor and help ease the pain. :-) lots of walking and movement helps move things along and also helps keep pain minimal. sounds like early labor to me! Congrats!
    MegEdTy

Answer by MegEdTy at 3:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• im not really sure to me it sounds like early labor since its not consistant
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't know it's hard to say. I did that same thing and went two more weeks.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I just wish that every womens water should break that way we would know for sure that we are in labor. I called the nurse and she said Im too far apart and not having enough contractions to be seen quit yet...plus we have a really bad snow storm here and they dont want me to drive in and have me drive bac k home
    Kristin0312

Comment by Kristin0312 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oo good luck Hun!!! My sister dialated to 10 within 2 hours of being at a 3
    kelbo1989

Answer by kelbo1989 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011