HELP!!!! 1 day before thanksgiving and i have the flu!!!

Its the 26 th thanksgiving is tomorrow and i have the flu something terrible, never in my life have i been so sick. I'm the one cooking because its just going to be me my hubby and a few of his army buddies, I have no idea I'm supposed to get better, take care of my baby, and cook...

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 5:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• POOR THING YOU SHOULD NOT COOK YOU WILL GETT EVERY ONE SICK FOR TAKE THEM ALL OUT TO DINNER BUT IF YOU MUST YOU SHOULD WEAR GLOVES AND TRY NOT TO BREATH OVER THE FOOD ! GO TO THE DRUG STORE AND BUT THERAFLU TAKE A HOT STEAM SHOWER AND DRINK A CAN OF CHICKEN BROTH AND HAVE HUBBY TAKE CARE OF BABY !!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Start making things today when you can that you can just warm up tomorrow. Do it as you feel better.Who cares if its a little warmed up? Get your husband to help with things as much as possible.Putting on the turkey will be the hardest thing. Wake him up to help you. If you can get by without doing something, then get by. The reason I am saying this is because no matter what you will feel you have to do this, so might as well make it easier on yourself☺Let your husband take care of the baby, you don't have to do it all.I hope you feel better
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:48 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Stock up on Vitamin D. Go to a nearby Walgreen's and get the 2,000 IU's of it and take 2,000 times every kilo you weigh. To find out how many kilo's you weigh, divide current weight by 2.2 then multiply times 2,000. That will tell you how much Vitamin D you need. Take it in one single dose for the next 3 days.

To prevent the flu in the 1st place, take 4-5,000 IU's of Vitamin D daily during the winter months.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You should not cook. The buddies will be fine with carryout if there is any place open, or even going out on their own. You don't want to expose them to the flu after all. but mainly you aren't up to it. Don't do it. Let them go out, I don't know if your husband can take care of the baby, even when going out? But he needs to step in and handle things and you need to rest in bed and get better. I don't know if you can give it a week and invite the buddies over for then? And if not, then let them all go out.

Answer by Bmat at 10:49 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Have your husband pick you up some green or white tea. Sip on it as often as you can for quicker results. I hope you get to feeling better!!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008