Carseats

When did you change your child's care seat from a backwards facing to a frontward facing car seat?

momoftwins250

Asked by momoftwins250 at 3:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First birthday lol I couldn't wait!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Doctors are now saying that children should be rear facing until age 2.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• when they were one.
    clabanks

Answer by clabanks at 3:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• mine was 18 months due to her height and weight(i couldn't find a rear facing one for her at the time.
    my second i found one and will do so until she is two, the recommended age to now have them rear facing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• mommy 5409, they have newer weight restrictions so weight shouldn't be an issue anymore like before. and seriously 6 months??? thats WAY to soon.

there are reasons WHY they want them rear facing until 2 now.. its predicted to save 1000 lives of children between 1-2.. check out accident videos on rear vs forward facing.. and realize how dangerous it is.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My daughter was a little over year old when I forward faced her carseat. I didn't do it right away when she turned one. A former police officer now known as "The carseat guy" does carseat safety checks once a month at a car dealership to make sure parents have their seat in right and adjusted correctly for their children. He told me to keep her rear facing as long as possible. With my new baby coming it looks like I'll be waiting until 2 to forward face, I hope they come up with some sort of different carseats though. Kinda hard to rearface when their legs go half way up the back seat.
    MommyNMay

Answer by MommyNMay at 5:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My DS was a big baby, and he reached the weight limit when he was 8months old.
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• DD was 1. DS is 3 1/2 and still RF. He has plenty of room and is comfortable.

I saw someone mention coats, and wanted to mention that you should NEVER put a child in a car seat with a bulky coat. Basically, if you need to adjust the straps to accommodate the coat, it's too big. Just FYI to those who might not know.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My son is almost 21mo and still rear facing. Kiddos should rear face to a minimum of 2 years old. Preferably to the rear facing weight limit of thier carseat.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Once she turned 20 lbs. and was a year old. Around 25 months.
    alemlovo

Answer by alemlovo at 11:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011