Is it really that easy?

Me and the father of my unborn baby broke up only two weeks ago, and he's already with someone new!! He acts like we never had anything, and doesn't care about the baby we are having. My sister told him that I still love him and I want him around for the baby, and told him if he didn't believe her she'd forward him the texts and he said "I didn't say I didn't believe you" but then didn't say anything else. And he's stopped talking to me altogether.

Is it really that easy for a guy to just forget everything you had and stop caring??

MommyNMay

Asked by MommyNMay at 3:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Unfortunately for some :(
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sure, my sons dad did it. It happens every day. Obviously you don't want to have him do this same thing to you later when your baby knows him. Just make sure you nail him for child support whether he has money or not. Hold him accountable. You can't make him care, but you can make him accountable.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Only if they didn't really care all that much to begin with. I'm so sorry to sound harsh, but any mature man who had a deep, meaningful relationship with a woman who is now expecting his child would not be "with" someone new 2 weeks later. That's your cue to cut him loose and focus on what you need to do for your child from here on out.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Apparently so
    Makes me think he never really cared that much to begin with

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Unfortunately, yes. He sounds very immature, and unready to be a father... My ex (dd's father) did the same thing, he now has 3 children with 3 women whom he has not had any contact with. Some people are never ready, or mature enough. It is best to know that now.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My personal thoughts.

It's not as much a "guy" thing as it is an "individual" thing. Some people, are very capable of walking away from someone/a situation without ever looking back or thinking twice.. Others aren't capable of doing such a thing.

Your ex may be one of those people who are capable of doing that.. he may not.. Only he knows for sure if he is or isn't.. or why he is choosing to behave in this manner.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes some PEOPLE can do that male and female. Hugs to you in this difficult time.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• hey my ex did exactly that when our sons were TEENAGERS..... just "BAM, Y'all mean nothing to me"..... Behavior like that seems to indicate, strongly, that he never cared (really truly cared) to begin with.
    AND Pixie is right.... some people can just turn it off and walk away. I'm sorry you're in the middle of this, but please do yourself and all of us self-respecting women a favor and don't chase this jack-wad, he don't deserve a woman like you if he is so easily turned off and tuned out.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, it is easy for some, but I feel if there was genuine emotion they wouldn't act this way.

Answer by older at 3:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• For some it's that easy, for others its calls a broken heart rebound...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011