Do we owe it to them? adult content

I read a post today where someone wanted to frame a sex guarantee for her boyfriend... to never deny him.

Do you ladies feel guilty when you just aren't in the mood? Honestly, we just can't want it all the time. With jobs and kids and homes to keep, dinners, homework, kids' sports, and on and on and on. My DH is lucky if I want it twice a week. Should we feel like we owe them sex?!

ConcernedMom141

Asked by ConcernedMom141 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• wtf should i be required to have sex if i dont feel like it? I think sex or making love should be a mutual decision based on both people involved or it ends up being like a chore..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't feel like I 'owe' my husband sex, but I do feel like a healthy sex life is an important component in a happy marriage, so I don't let being tired or stressed or busy interfere with our sex life. Even if I'm not exactly horny myself, I love my husband and I like having sex with him so I'm perfectly willing to put out even when it's more for him than for me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't want sex if I had to wonder whether it was being done out of obligation. I wonder how her husband took that....
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• There have been times when I wasn't in the mood and times when he wasn't we will usually just cuddle instead :)
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have never felt like I owed my s/o sex. Sometimes you're just not in the mood. And you can't enjoy it if you feel like you "have" to do it.
    MommyNMay

Answer by MommyNMay at 5:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I was gonna say ya I feel like I do cause he gets mad if I don't wanna just do it whenever he wants. Like first thing in the morning is nasty cause your hair is messy and you haven't brushed your teeth,lol its like wait gimme 15 minutes to freshen up,think by that time thier like forget it.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have seen lots of women on here implying or even saying they never say no. I say no, I don't owe anyone sex. He doesn't owe me sex either, though he has RARELY said no. Maybe twice.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• PFFFT!! When my husband feels like he OWES it too me too do more dishes, laundry, things I always do.....then I may feel I owe him more sex. As for now though, he gets plenty and if I am tired, well then I am getting my sleep on! ;) lol.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I saw that post too, pretty goofy. But i don't feel like I owe it to my DH, if he tries and I'm tired or whatever the case is for me saying no, I try to find ways to make it up to him :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Rarely do I feel guilty...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011