Have you really ever been in love?

I know this is a silly question...however, I loved two men (besides my dad) my entire life...like, wholeheartedly, would have done anything in the world to make happy. I'm not married to either.

I love my husband, but I just wonder if I'll ever have that feeling again. Butterflies in my stomach, always happy, ect...

I love my DH now, but not like I did those other two.

Does anyone know what I mean?

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes! I married one and the other was an ex.
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have been in love three times in my life, and after 39 years my hubby still gives me those butterflies in my stomach......

Answer by older at 4:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sure. At least 3 times

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes. I love my husband and would do almost anything for him. I have really also only loved 1 man in my entire life, as in butterflies in my stomach and "Id so take a bullet for him" kind of way. Personally I dont think its healthy to love someone that much.

Answer by gemgem at 4:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• yes twice....with an ex and now with my dh
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I am beyond In Love with my Husband..and I have those, and so many more, feelings every day. Never had them with anyone else..but I thought I was in love twice before (high school years). What my Husband and I have is TRUE Love.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm talking about what gemgem said...

Love someone so much that you would take a bullet for them.

I hate to say it, but, if my DH and I split...I wouldn't be completely upset over it. I love him and respect him....but I don't think I would be that devastated over it. It's sad, I know.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I feel that way for my hubs.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I hear ya about if you split--I think part of it for me is that I've been through other very serious relationships and they didn't work out and I survived. It sucked and it hurt like hell, but I survived. I love my DH immensely (more than anyone before him) and it sucked when we were apart for the year I deployed, I missed him every day, but I know I could survive without him.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 4:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would take a bullet for my DH! when he kisses me i still get butterflies in my stomach and we have been together 7 years been married 5!
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011