Sighs

why does my daughter insist on coming home changing clothes into a skirt to go out and play. she was gonna try to sneak by me and i looked up and said i told you no so she puts her head down pouting. shorts or pants for these temps but not a skirt it is not for playing it, it is dressy. I do not get why a ten year old can not get it through her head :(

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Some girls are just girly girls is all.

Answer by gemgem at 4:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Is there a boy in the neighborhood she may like.. We do things like that when we want to impress someone :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Thats girls for you, Everything is always a fasion show. My dd will wear a dress to watch t.v. I think it just makes her feel pretty. She never cares if anyone else sees. I let mine only becouse if she feels good about herself then its really not too big a deal. As long as it is not too short. The length if her finger tips to her side.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i have that problem with my 6 yr old step daughter. A dress everywhere! i agree its not good play clothes. thats the beuty of bieng a parent you get to say no. Give her the choices, tell her this or that no skirts and if you try it no T.V. or no games ect some small consaquence to help as a deterent.
    mislis

Answer by mislis at 2:16 PM on Mar. 25, 2011