BAD heartburn, my zantac isn't even helping anymore : /

i get it no matter what i eat and it's so bad that when i burp i puke in my mouth and then it burns even more.
i guess it's true that the eighth month of pregnancy is worse for heartburn lol.
any suggestions on how to relieve it?

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 4:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• peppermint tea might help. Adding 1/8 teaspoon to any 8 oz of drink might help too. I had heartburn so bad with my first that Tums just turned it into fruity flavored heartburn. Even water with a touch of lemon was not helpful. I wound up getting a prescription for Protonix, that I'm still taking; and my first is 7 1/2.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• milk or dairy products.. bread (straight bread) or tums. I got heart burn from water at 8 months.. wanted to cry!! good luck hope you feel better soon!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• eat small meals throughout the day instead of 3 big ones
    don't lay down for at least a hour after eating
    Munch on Tums all day!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh god I just went through this. I did a two week course of prilosec (one every day) which did help I WAS MISERABLE, like I couldn't sleep, I was on fire. Went to doc for another issue and told him how miserable I was and he basically said take the prilosec and then zantac as needed after I got under control. Of course modify your diet until you get over it, Milk, Rice, mash taters - bland stuff. Mine flared up after a trip to Mexico and 8 days of beer and tequila - I seriously thought I would die it was so bad.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• agree with the others and stop the zantac. try calcium instead such as tums like the other poster said. Also try something warm to sip like milk. Also crackers are yummy to munch on and good also. You can try ones like Cheez-its but if that gives you heartburn go for a plain ole saltine.
    Ladycwells

Answer by Ladycwells at 4:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011