Has anyone heard of stroller controversy?

http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/resources/2009/02/a-recently-published-study-sug.html

elffyefli

Asked by elffyefli at 4:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow just proves that anything can be a controversy.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• New one to me.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Unless a child is in a stroller for long periods of time I am doubtful that it could have that much effect.

Answer by missanc at 4:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ya, seriously! I guess I am a bad mom to someone no matter what I do!
    elffyefli

Comment by elffyefli (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't believe it. I think a child is much happier facing forward and seeing everything as it's coming. I was always turning the stroller around to show my infants things.. it just depends how much you CHOOSE to interact with a child and get their little brains going.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• eye rollinghow ridiculous. yes, lets add more idiotic controversy to our already fucked up society. whenever i take my kids out on walks, they are more interested in looking at their surroundings, not me who they see every second of everyday. as soon as they could sit up well, they were facing the world around them. they laugh and interact just fine!

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Wow, I love wearing my babies in my Ergo because for ME, it's just easier than a stroller, but this might be taking it a bit too far. I mean, it's kind of obvious what they say, if a baby is facing away from someone, they're going to have less interaction with that person. But unless you leave the kid in the stroller for 12 hours a day, I think you can have plenty of meaningful interaction when they're not in the stroller. I mean, really, how much time do most people spend pushing a stroller most days and is it really long enough to interfere with a child's development?
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• lol i read a blog about it making fun of it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• eye rolling Really?? Come on! We had a stroller that was a whole carseat/stroller unit. By the time they were too big for the carrier that snapped in over the actual seat they didn't want to look at me. They wanted to see the world. I wore my daughter more than my son and would still play with toes and fingers while we were walking....and checking to make sure she was happy in every other store window.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• sticking out tonguereally? sheesh!

pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011