Group B Strep Infection & Not Pregnant adult content

This may be TMI but I was just wondering if any other moms have experienced this. It seems like ever since I got my tubes tied things seem different "down there". My discharge doesn't seem normal and I have gone to my gyno and she just tells me it's normal and I am getting older. I have no odor, itching or burning but the discharge seems more than normal. Well the last time I went to the gyno she did a culture and she said I tested positive for Group B strep but she said they don't treat that with anything. Have any of you tested positive for Group B strep, have not been pregnant and your MD gave you medication to treat it. Is this just something I have to live with or should I do something about it? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• GBS is a natural occurring bacteria that comes and goes. Even in pregnancy, a woman can test positive one day and negative the next.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• it's a naturally occuring bacteria in most women, nothing to worry about unless you do become pregnant then you get an antibiotic before the baby is born
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011