When should my daughter go to daycare?

My daughter will be 2 i may is that a good time to start her in daycare, so i can go find a job? She has never been to a daycare or babysitter. Ive stayed home ever since she was born so she would not like it, but i feel she needs to get out and go associate with other children and have fun.What do you think?
Thanks Moms!

Cortneym21

Asked by Cortneym21 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anytime you want to put her in daycare/preschool.... There will be a transition period to consider as well. Both my girls started preschool at 2/3 and have a great time with their friends. It's a great opportunityfor them to grow socially & Intellectually

monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 4:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• agree with monshine2..i stayed @ home with my son until he started preschool(3) I WAS VERY NERVOUS..but he was okay and i really was glad that he was around other kids..but u will always worry about your child, right now my son is 5..i just started driving trucks and i hate leaving him even though my husband takes care of him, but it hurts me everytime i have to leave...
    cammay

Answer by cammay at 4:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't think any child NEEDS to be in daycare for socialization. There are plenty of classes and activities at least in our area to do that. If you want or need to return to work though that is a different story and 2 is as good a time as any. I personally believe that a parent (mother or father) should stay home with the children and avoid daycare, but that doesn't always work for all families.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i agree with aeneva..
    a child so young doesnt need socialization.. a childs #1 is their parents at this age.. once they enter the school system they will get more than enough socialization.
    Now a parent that needs the income & has to put a child in daycare is totally different. Shelter/Food come first.. but if your worried about socializing the child take them to the playground a few times a week.. or any other activities ur area has for kids.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• 2 is a good age for early preschool/daycare. i wouldn;t know . my dd been in daycare since was about 2months so its just her everyday life. is different for everyone. i am sure if you stay and show her the toys and the kids and how much fun it is. they are more verbal at 2 and little more independant so it might be the perfect time to start. i just tell my dd now we are off to school. she is 2. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I think 2 is a great age to start daycare! I'm a SAHM as well but I think 2 is perfect because she can really start learning outside the house and get used to being away from you so she's not the wierd kid who cried in the corner for a whole month and refused to talk to anyone once she starts school.
    alemlovo

Answer by alemlovo at 11:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2011