• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone here eaten their placenta?

I'm doing some research for an article and wanted to have some input on your personal stories. Much appreciated. Thanks!

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 6:16 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• confusedUHHH, No... Do people really do that?ewwwwww,just sounds nasty

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I heard about it. but its more than gross. Actually disgusting. Plant it with a tree is alright, its suppose to bring you good luck (unless the tree will die lol).. but eating. hell no!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Thanks, that's your opinion, but I'd just like to hear from ladies who have done it. No bashing please. Ladies-if you would rather pm me that's fine.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 6:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• LOL.. nobody is bashing you. Get over yourself ;)

We just told you that its nasty. If you want to eat, then go for it. Enjoy your meal. What are you going to serve it with? beans?
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:45 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I'm not eating any placenta. I'm writing an article. I had no idea ppl did this until recently. I also didn't say anyone was bashing me. I just don't want ppl to be discouraged to share their experiences because ppl think it's "nasty"
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 7:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I have actually heard of this ... some mom's on cm have there was a story not too long ago about a home birth were the mid wife gave the mother the option of going to the hospital to stop the bleeding or have a placenta shake and she took the shake and actually all the other things in it didn't sound so bad. She said it worked too. I think it was in one of the large family groups but I can't remember what member. Mostly it is a cultural thing and I had a friend who was in the peach corps in Africa some where and all the mom's did it. Apparently it is good for you helps stops bleeding and restores some vits that are lost during pregnancy. Maybe post this in the large family groups with a link to this question. If you don't belong to any contact me and I'll post the link for you.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My dad's mom's 2nd husband, not my dad's dad ate hers. I couldn't imagine doing something like that but thats just me good luck.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 7:47 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Yes, I had my with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. J/K!!!! I didn't eat mine, nor would I. Those who choose to..............whatever floats your boat. I have heard of some planting theirs in the garden.
    MoonPenny

Answer by MoonPenny at 8:08 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• i have wonderd about this seeing how i've had 3 kids and actully w/ all my kids we planted it in our garden and our plants took off...but w/ my #2 i wanted to try it but w/ ppl saying how gross that it was i did'nt ...but if you think about it , it happens in the animal kingdom every day so idk and it happens in other countrys so if it were more socialy acceptable then maybe women would more often that not so yes right off the bat i can say OOOO it's so Gross !or maybe i could be more open and think about it in a shake to take away bleeding and give my body back valuable vitamins...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I would like to...or would have liked to and think I might with the next birth as its at home.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2008