What does he do for you?

What does your DH/SO do for you that makes you melt everytime he does it?

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 4:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• One example; Last night he was tired, wore out and was stretched out on the couch. He asked me if I'd take his left sock off (he has a boo-boo on his big toe). I stripped his sock off, asked him if his foot was okay - he said "it's just hot and tired I guess" - so I'm sitting there listening to him yak about his day and blindly turn my head and start to gently blow on his foot (no he doesn't have stinky feet - wooo I'm blessed with that!). In a few minutes I notice he's not talking - I look up and he's smiling at me. I said "What?".... his answer, "That's one of the reasons that I love you so much". Confused, I said "What?"..... he said (and y'all it was so sweet) "You're blowing on my hurt foot because you love me and that makes me love you more".
    I know, the whole thing was silly - but I could have jumped him right then, he was so sincere and I could see in his eyes and on his face how he adores me. Priceless!
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• When I see him arrive at our drive way with a dozen roses just because.......

Answer by older at 4:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Simple things, like if he comes home I can see tired written all over his face, but If I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner or doing laundry, he always comes to help. He doesn't ask, he just comes and does it. I find it so sweet.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 4:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• When I was pregnant he'd come home with foods he knew I couldn't get enough of. I didn't have to ask him, he just did it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Lets me have a break from the kids at the end of his long day, fixes supper for us just because, tells me how beautiful I am or how lucky he is to have such an awesome wife. He is such a sweet man :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• He does a ton... lets me go out with the girls, is prpetty handy and when i was frustrated with the bills a few years back he just took right over (math is not my strong suite) when i got to be about 4 mo preg with each baby he forbid me to go down the basement.... I got out of laundry for 6 mo! LOVE that!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• fills my ice water pitcher for me so its always full!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It's the little things for me. Picking up the house when I run to the store or running the sweeper.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I guess the short answer is that he seems to have a natural way of turning completely benign moments into affirmations of his love for me.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 5:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't know if he does anything that makes me melt. I know that sounds awful, but he is usually all business, and sometimes that makes me sad. About the only thing I can think of that he has done just to be nice instead of practical is when he will drop me off at the door instead of making me walk across a parking lot...but that is only when I'm at least 8 months pregnant.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011