What am I doing wrong?

When I make meatloaf ,after its done,when I go to cut it, It always breaks apart. it starts to crumble, I can never get a nice slice out of that meat. Help. It just makes me mad,:(

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 4:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My two thoughts were either you might not be adding eggs, or you are using meat that is too "lean".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Are you adding eggs?
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 4:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think you need to wait until it cools a bit first. I'm vegetarian and I've never made it, but i'm pretty sure that's why.
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i am also wondering if you're using eggs. i always get a beautiful meatloaf and last week i didn't put eggs, and the same thing happened to me. it "disassembled" during baking and didn't look right.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have never put eggs in mine and the only time I had that problem was when I forgot and over cooked it..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• maybe u should try a different recipe i was making one and it did that to me so i tried a different one and it turned out great
    his88angel

Answer by his88angel at 5:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• start with the mean, egg, bread crumbs, and sauce if u want to add also....then cook
    josi_g

Answer by josi_g at 5:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011