Night time teething screaming

My 8.5mo ds is teething. He's pretty content during the day, just wants to chew a LOT and is a little fussy. At night, I give him tylenol and rub his gums with oragel. He wakes up less than 2 hours later with blood curling screams. I got up and held him in the dark on the couch. I tried rubbing his gums but that seemed to put him in even more pain. I'm not sure what else to try.

alinker

Asked by alinker at 4:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teething tablets?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I gave my daughter these teething tablets that dissolve immediately. Got it at my local drug store. Comes with 100 or so. Worked great!
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My oldest was horrible with his molars and the only thing that seemed to work was the teething tablets and nursing. We spent many a night walking the hallway rocking and trying to console him until he would get so exhausted he fell asleep only to wake a few hours later to nurse and cry all over again. It lasted about a week, but it certainly felt MUCH longer. Good luck mama. Oh and my second was never like this so there is hope!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The teething tablets are really good, unfortunately they've been recalled. There is another brand out there but they don't dissolve on their own you have to dissolve them in some water and then rub the mixture on their gums. Might be worth a shot.

I got an amber teething necklace for my daughter and it has been amazing. There was a complete difference in her on the days we forgot to put it on her and when she was wearing it. I found mine online, just google amber teething necklace. Amber has natural pain relieving properties when mixed with the oils on our skin, so it's just for wearing and they're not supposed to chew on them.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Thanks ladies :)
    alinker

Comment by alinker (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011