Another CIO question, do you put your baby down after you've gotton them to sleep?

...and then if they wake up as soon as you've put them down you let them cry for x amount of time? Or do you put them down awake and let them cry themselves to sleep that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I always put my son down awake/ sleepy, he would wake the moment I laid him down no matter what I tried anyway - I tried patting him, singing, rocking then waiting til he was asleep, music, fans,. leaving in and out every 2 to 3 minutes which only made him worse -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I always got them to the groggy/drowsy state and then laid them down. If they fussed it was for a few minutes (and it was not screaming their lungs out)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I always lay my dd down when she gets tired.... I'll let her cry (if she does) for about ten minutes b4 I pick her up. I kept w/ that method and she goes to bed w/out complaint now....
    AdryF

Answer by AdryF at 5:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Occasionly i have the same issues with DS but i have found a way to get him to relax. When i was pregnant with my son my family raced, and my husbands songswas "Love Your Love The Most" by Eric Church. So 1 fussy night, i put on a race video, and he went right to sleep, then the next nite same issue and thrace video didnt work so i put on the song and feel right a sleep. It just took some time for me to find the right sound to sooth him and gert him to sleep.
    Manda725

Answer by Manda725 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We coslept, so we never had this issue

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My 4 month old and my other 4 have always gone to sleep in bed, not ever in my arms!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2011