Do you spy

Do you go through your dh/so things? Like wallet phone computers? And why if you feel like sharing? I do to a point if i feel like somethings off ill do a quick run through of the computer bank account phone if nothing looks bad then thats its ive only done it twice since weve been together for 9 years. Both times i have found nothing... i got trust issues.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I haven't, because he has never given me a reason to. If something was amiss, I can definitely see myself going through his phone or wallet or something.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I did with my ex. He gave me reason to believe he was up to something fishy. So I'd check his phone and his facebook. My gut was right and he was doing things he shouldn't. I had trusted him, but he started acting funny and saying things, and it made me wonder. I felt like I needed to find out the truth and it didn't seem like he was giving me the truth.
    MommyNMay

Answer by MommyNMay at 4:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, and I had reason's not to trust him and I'd go for months without thinking about it then something fishy would happen and I'd look at his email or social networking sites and find that my intuition was right and he was up to no good. This caused a big rift in our marriage but we're getting help and things have been peachy for the last few months. Hoping it stays that way but I'm not opposed to looking into things if I get a bad feeling. I feel it's better for me to know than be left in the dark, a fool.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No.  I trust him implicitly.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I never spy its boring for one thing and if I cannot ask the guy right out then I do not need to know.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We have all of each others passwords. I don't ever go into it though unless asked. If I'm using his phone and he gets a text i open it and read it to him. He does the same for me. He has asked me to check his email for him before too. If he is hiding something he's doing a damn good job because it must be on an account that I don't even know about. And tbh I don't even think like that. The quickest way to drive a person into dishonest behavior is to treat them like they are dishonest for long enough.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 4:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No, I never have. I trust my dh completely.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I did a few years ago once. I was feeling really uneasy about our relationship, and some odd things were happening with him that caused me to suspect some sort of unfaithfulness. while he was at work I checked out his facebook account, and found an e-mail between him and one of his female 'friends'. It stated my fears, although not my worst. I don't believe he was cheating, but what was said was inappropraite for being in a relationship. He also used to lie to me alot about his contact with his ex wife. I was using his phone once to call my lost phone, and stumbled upon many incoming and outgoing phone calls between them, and I then looked for texts and found some. When I questioned him nonchalantly about theses things, and he lied to me, I confessed to my snooping, and my hurt and confusion. we are still together, and I just ask that he be honest with me, and so far, it has worked out pretty well.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 4:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No, I've never thought of it. Our bank account is OURS, so it's not spying, and I can see his email any time I check mine on machines other than my laptop, but I don't see any reason to.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011