Tornado watch

There is a tornado watch where I live right now. If it were to turn to a warning where should me and my girls go? My hubby is off doing training so he is not here. We do have a crawl space, but you have to go outside to get into it and the door going into it is not very sturdy, just a slab of wood. Is that where we should go or would somewhere else be safer?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Bathroom.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• go to a closet or bathroom, with no windows or outside walls. get a mattress or heavy heavy blanket to put over you. Keep a first aid kit near, water and canned food and a land line corded phone. Best of luck!!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• A room toward the center of the house with no or fewest windows...even if it is just a closet. Remember to bring something to cover your head.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Every closet or bathroom is on an outside wall :/ I know I'm over thinking this right now, but I haven't had to question where I would go before, we just moved into our house.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Center of the house, few to no windows..like a bathroom. In Our House in GA, I lined blankets and a pillow on the bathtub floor of Our hall bathroom (the centermost part of Our House)..that way my Son could lay down under me comfortably and I could shield Him with myself. Thank God a tornado never hit..but it was close.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Shoot..I'm sorry. =[ I hope yall will be ok and it doesn't hit.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ugh, I guess our house wasn't built for safety. My main bathroom is in the center of the house, but as I said before it is on an outside wall, it has no windows, probably I safest bet. Wish me luck, hopefully a tornado doesn't decide to visit my area!
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Anywhere away from windows. Bring pillows and blankets to cover yourselves from flying debris.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Bathtub, bring comforters and a mattress to put over you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'd go into the center part of the house that doesn't touch an outside wall, or a bathroom.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011