What would your husband have said?

Would he have been jealous? So the other day my car broke down at the car wash & a nice man came over to help me jump the car & fix the problem. He was very nice & helpful but was obviously flirting the whole time. Well after he fixed my car he asked me if i wanted to go out to lunch with him sometime. I nicely said no I'm married but thank you for your help. Anyways my hubby asked me if i were fine & i told him what happened. I swear that man didn't act a bit jealous or question about the other guy. Sometimes i would just like for him to be a little bit jealous, concerned or however you want to word it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I've had a similar situation where my car got a flat and a guy stopped, fixed it for me and asked me out to lunch. My husband didn't get jealous - he knows he has nothing to worry about!

Answer by missanc at 5:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I know what you mean, but I'd let this be a good thing knowing that your husband trusts you enough. And it may have bothered him a bit, but pride can get in the way of showing these feelings.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Jealousy is not an emotion everyone possesses, my man knows no one could take me away from him so he's pretty chill also don't be offended if your husband knows he's loved exclusively ;)
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 5:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Love isn't jealous, love is trusting and kind. You have a good loving relationship, cherish it!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 5:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Jealousy is not good having a man who does not feel it sounds good.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Mine is not jealous in the least as far as I know. He says he trusts me and there is no need to be jealous if a guy flirts with me. I'd really rather him not be anyway. I used to think I'd at least like him to be concerned but to me that is just a mind game now. You should not have to go through your life together wondering if your spouse is going to leave with someone else because they were being flirting with or hit on or whatever. Besides that, I was with someone years ago who was jealous of any man who so much as said hello to me. He freaked out once at a gas station, because the clerk who waited on me was a man, and wanted to know exactly what he said and what he handed me. He swore he saw from across the parking lot the clerk hand me his phone number. That is one of what seems like 100 incidents just like that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Your husband obviously feels confident enough in your relationship and trusts you enough to not act like a prick. I agree with Rnurse. Appreciate it!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Don't wish for your husband to be jealous. Enjoy the fact that he trusts you. Most jealous guys (in my experience) have been jealous because they were dogs themselves.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• There wasn't anything about that situation for him to feel jealous about. He should have felt gratitude that a stranger helped you out in your time of need. I sure wouldn't have wanted my husband to feel jealous, that would just mean he was insecure.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Jealousy is not a trait I would be worried my husband didn't have. I think it was very mature of him to react the way he did. Jealousy is a pointless, relationship-destroying emotion that I would NEVER want in my relationship. Sometimes jealousy can't be avoided but no one should want their spouse to be jealous. That is just immature. My husband would have and has reacted the same as yours.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011