Beltane?

What do you usually do? Are you doing anything different this year? Are you already planning for it?

I'm updating my BOS in several sections, one of which is my Sabbats and Esbats, so I'm doing research again to add to it and come up with new things. I'm starting on Beltane today.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 5:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Normally my family and our pagan community goes into the forest and goes camping. We have a wonderful spiritlly filled weekend. We create sacred space on friday, may pole and ritual saturday with a shared meal Saturday night and sunday before we pack up we have a pancake breakfast.
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have my own personal rituals and those stay the same. But with the public group I'm in, the ritual changes every year. I've already been notified that several core regular planners will not be at planning and that has my head in a tizzy already. We've done a Maypole dance and an inner meditations to find our loving selves. Cronos only knows what this year will bring as far as ritual.

I'm doing research as well. I'd like to offer something different or new twist on the old at the Beltane planning session.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't do nearly as much as I used to. Just a few crafts with the kids (or at least I'll attempt, I'm not crafty) and a small ritual.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Hadn't made any plans yet, but I will probably include a special dish with dinner and explain to my family why it's being included.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• What is it exactly? I remember reading up on it during my studies once but it wasn't something I really paid attention to
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• never heard of it sorry
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My Circle celebrates with our "Annual Burnt Offering to the Gods Ritual/BBQ". I build a campfire in my back yard, and everyone brings their own meat (or meat sub) and a salad or dessert to share (I do the potatoes), and the first bite of each item gets cast into the ritual/cooking fire. Also, we convert our flagpole into a Maypole!!!

And my 3y/o and I will be doing May Baskets for her friends at Daycare!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011