Would you let your 8 year old girl have botox?

just seen this on the net what do you think ?

Would you give your eight-year-old daughter Botox? What age do you think a woman should start having Botox? In her thirties or forties, perhaps? Or never? How about at the age of eight? Birmingham beautician Kerry Campbell thinks she's doing the best for her eight-year-old daughter Britney by regularly injecting her with Botox. Kerry purchases Botox and fillers online and carries out the treatments herself, injecting Britney's forehead and lips with the substances. The beautician told the Sun: "What I am doing for Britney now will help her become a star. I know one day she will be a model, actress or singer, and having these treatments now will ensure she stays looking younger and baby-faced for longer." "I'm sure people reading this will think I am being irresponsible, but I ensure that I test the Botox and fillers I buy online on myself first." "All I want is for Britney to have the best start in life, so it is easier for her to become a superstar." Britney said: "My friends think it's cool I have all the treatments...they used to hurt, but now I don't cry that much." "I also want a boob and nose job soon, so that I can be a star." Is giving a child Botox good preparation for living in our looks-obsessed culture or just a really bad idea? Let us know below...

feralkitten

Asked by feralkitten at 5:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• LET ME PICK MY JAW UP OFF THE FLOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG THAT IS INSANE! AT 8 YEARS OLD YOUR BODY HAS SO MANY CHANGES TO GO THRU. AND ON TOP OF THAT, IS CHECKING THE BOTOX ON YOURELF REALLY CHECKING IT?? WHAT ABOUT LONG TERM EFFECTS, SAY IN 20-30 YEARS. IS SHE TRAINED TO DO SUCH PROCDURES?? WHY IS THIS EVEN ABLE TO BE BOUGHT ONLINE???????? WHATS NEXT, DO IT YOUR SELF GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY KIT????? AHHHHHHHH
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 5:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• surprisedthat is so messed up I'm speechless!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• OMG she's allowed to keep this child? She could KILL her. Botox for 8 year olds should be limited to actual MEDICAL uses, not cosmetic ones.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh Dear God!
    She's brainwashing that poor child! That is about the most horrible thing you can instill in a child. She's creating a plastic monster. That child believes she needs botox, breast implants, and other things in order to make something of herself? How horrid!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Maybe Brittney doesn't want to be a superstar. maybe she wants to get a good education and not be judge solely on her looks. What a crackpot mom. 8 is WAY too young. Botox is poison!! where has common sense gone.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 5:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I hope CPS checks in on that.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• That is SICK!!! Does she not know that botox is botulism? She is willingly giving her child a derivative of a deadly disease. Ugh! People are STUPID!!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• 8,18 or 88 it's wrong. Inserting chemicals into one's unformed body to "enhance" something that's still growing stinks of abuse to me. What is this saying to the child's self-worth and self-esteem?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well...I was about to play devil's advocate and say something about it having actual medical uses, but wow...no...the content obviously shows what the clear reason for the injections was! Holy crap! That mother is INSANE.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i think its wrong
    feralkitten

Comment by feralkitten (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011